The UK is one of the world’s most popular destinations to study higher education, with more than 500,000 international students enrolling each year.
- One of the world’s leading destinations for international students, second only to the USA. UK universities are among the best in the world, and consistently perform well in world rankings. They also have a reputation for world-class research.
- UK higher education degrees and qualifications are recognized by employers and academics worldwide.
- Students get the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, critical thinking, and connections to drive forward their careers.
- High-quality postgraduate study opportunities are also available at the majority of UK universities, with some universities offering sponsorship to extend Tier 4 visas.
Why choose higher education in the UK?
Going to university in the UK is a great way to expand your knowledge, meet new people, experience a new culture, and enjoy new experiences. You’ll get plenty of support at university, and a chance to experience a great student lifestyle. Whatever your interests, there’s a huge range of clubs and societies, as well as a diverse social life on offer.
Benefits of studying in the UK
- Choose from over 50,000 courses, in more than 25 subject areas.
- UK courses are generally shorter than other countries, helping to reduce overall tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- It can be possible to work while you study too – find out more from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).
It’s a great place to live and study
The United Kingdom (UK) is made up of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. Each country has distinct regions, each offering large cosmopolitan cities, towns, and countryside villages.
- The UK has a multicultural society, with a rich diversity of cultures, languages, and faiths.
- You’ll find widely varied cuisine, strong transport links, famous music festivals, and international sporting championships.